Zadar is a beautiful coastal city in Croatia that is known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and beautiful beaches. Whether you’re a history buff, a beach lover, or just looking for a relaxing vacation, Zadar has something for everyone. Here are some of the top things to do in Zadar:
- Visit the Roman Forum – The Roman Forum is one of the most important historical sites in Zadar. It was built in the 1st century AD and is one of the best-preserved Roman forums in the world. You can see the remains of the forum, including the Temple of Jupiter and the Temple of Augustus, as well as other ancient buildings.
- Explore the Old Town – Zadar’s Old Town is a maze of narrow streets and charming squares. Take a stroll through the Old Town and discover the city’s rich history and culture. Be sure to check out the St. Donatus Church, the Land Gate, and the People’s Square.
- Relax on the beach – Zadar is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Croatia. The most famous beach is the Kolovare Beach which is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing and also for kids. If you’re looking for something more secluded, head to the nearby beaches of Punta Skala or Borik.
- Listen to the Sea Organ – The Sea Organ is one of Zadar’s most unique attractions. It is an architectural installation that uses the power of the sea to create music. As the waves hit the pipes, they create a soothing and ethereal sound that is unlike anything else you’ll hear.
- Visit the Museum of Illusions – This interactive museum is a fun and unique way to explore the city. The museum features over 80 optical illusions, games, and interactive exhibits that will delight both children and adults.
- Take a boat tour – Zadar is located on the Adriatic Sea, so it’s no surprise that one of the best ways to explore the city is by boat. Take a boat tour and see the city from a different perspective. You can also take a day trip to nearby islands like Dugi Otok, Ugljan, and Pasman.
- Visit the National Park of Kornati islands – This national park is a group of 140 islands located north of Zadar. It is a perfect place for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. You can take a boat tour to the park, and explore the beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters and unique landscapes.
Overall, Zadar is a city that has something for everyone. With its rich history, beautiful beaches, and unique attractions, it’s the perfect destination for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.